We talked about AJFF's upcoming programs, including Playback, last episode. But we want to talk more about Playback, especially since it's back in just a couple weeks. Launched last year as part of our 20th anniversary, this online competition invites you to rediscover films from the festival vault and vote for your favorites. Returning on July 12, Playback will feature eight films around the theme of "reunion", and tickets have just gone on sale. So join Sara as she chats with AJFF Film Programming Manager Shellie Schmals, and learn even more about AJFF's own version of March Madness... in... July.
After you've listened to the episode, make sure to take the audience survey. Your feedback helps us enormously in developing the podcast.
Our guests for this episode: Shellie Schmals, Film Programming Manager for AJFF and the project lead for AJFF Playback: The Reunion Edition.
Read more about this week's topic:
- Check out the week 1 match-up, launching on July 12, featuring Remembrance and Restoration.
- Then, for week 2, its Lunch vs. Watermarks, starting on July 19.
- Starting July 26, it's week 3, pitting A Bottle in the Gaza Sea against Let My People Go!
- And closing out round one, week 4 features Aida's Secrets and The Return on August 2.
- Who will make it to the semi-finals, or match-up in the final round? That's up to you. Follow along and vote at AJFF.org/playback.
The music for our episode is provided by the incomparable Joe Alterman. Specifically, our into and outro music is "Pure Imagination" off his album, "Give Me the Simple Life", and our interlude music is "Over the Rainbow" from "More Cornbread (Live)". Check him out on Spofity or wherever you get your music.
Listen & Subscribe
Listen and subscribe to AJFF In Conversation on your favorite podcast app:
Or grab our RSS feed directly.
Click here to see all the other episodes, with show notes, of AJFF In Conversation.